Sunday, February 15, 2015

Enjoying my stay in Mbale

So much has happened the last months. The things that stand out are my birthday celebration the 6th of december. It was a wonderful night with good friends. During the holidays I got the chance to travel to Kenya and Tanzania. I was there with some of the other norwegian volunteers from my programme in East-Africa. It was really the perfect way to vacation and motivated me to get back to make the most of my remaining time in Uganda.
My father also came down for a few days. It was so nice to show him where I live and where I work. He really enjoyed his time in this beautiful country. At the end of my holiday I managed to fit in a trip to Zimbabwe to visit my uncle who lives there.
A couple weeks ago the norwegian girls stationed in Kampala visited us for the weekend. Sure enough we got invited to a wedding the day they came, so we got to go to our first ever Ugandan wedding! That was truly an unique experience. 
Two days ago I decided to get a goat, so yesterday we had a big goat party! I had no clue that goat was so tasty, I might have to get another goat soon!



The boys preparing food for the birthday party
Our master chef Odeke with finishing touches to the birthday feast



My uncle lives in this beautiful place!


The beautiful Kampala girls ready for the wedding
Me and Ronald visiting the villages

My boys finally starting school with new uniforms
My goat

Roasted goat is very delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment